Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Roadtrips and other thoughts

So this has 3 parts. I shall go from most relevant to most random, taking into consideration that really none of them are very...um, significant.

1) Roadtrip
So Andrea and I talked about going on a roadtrip one summer during college. It began when we were waiting to talk to someone in the main office at our school. We were waiting in front of a big map of the US. So we both planned our ideal roadtrips. Then figured that we should do one together some time. Personally, I wanted to go from Texas to California without having to drive through the desert of nothingness that is Arizona/New Mexico. However, my suggestion of shortcutting through Mexico did not go over well with her. We figure that we'll...well, damn it. I was going to draw on a map where we were planning on going. But Apple fails at having PC stuff like Paint, so I can't.

Anyways, so we are gonna rent an electric car and go from Austin through New Mexico, stopping briefly in Silver City, to let Andrea reminisce about when she lived there. Go through AZ and hit the Grand Canyon [and go camping there!!(Andie doesnt know this yet)]. When we get to CA, we are gonna go spend a couple of days down in Mexico. Then visit Andrea's grandmother and sister, then head up the 101. I have been told that we are going to feast at In-N-Out often. Go through Oregon. We are contemplating stopping in Walla Walla, WA. It is out of our way, but we like the name. Go up through Washington, get some good coffee and a lot of rain. Go out to the coast and do some whale watching (that was one of my picks). Then head over to Montana. Go through Mizzoula and see Hank (unconfirmed data). Go through Glacier National Park. Then check our car back in and fly to Chicago. Spend a few days there. Fly to Boston. Go check out the Museum of Bad Art in Dedham, MA. And just chill around Boston. Then hit NY, PA, and OH. Do everything in NY we can. Get a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly. Go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleaveland. Probly fly home from here. That is as much as we have planned thus far.

2) Glacier National Park
So when we were talking about Glacier Natl. Park today, I was like, "I want to go there, it has glaciers. Glaciers would be cool." And Andrea was like, "Um, no. This is America. No Glaciers here." Not in those words, but that was the generall feel. And so we got into a bit of an argument as to whether Glacier National Park actually has glaciers. I say yes, or they wouldn't have named it Glacier. She says no, because it probly isnt cold enough. But turns out, it does have glaciers, but they are very small and almost gone. So in a way, we are both kind of right. They are there. But it is not cold enough for them. Especially with global warming. But nontheless, Glacier National Park looks beautiful.

3) Stirrup Pants
So I dont know if you remember these. But I always thought that these were amazing. They look kinda funny, but I always thought that they made your feet feel nice. I dont know what made me think about them today but I did. And I remember my mom had a pair in the 90s (surprise, surprise) that I really liked. I want to look into getting a pair. I would totally wear them on the roadtrip just to embarrass Andrea. Also, they make them in jeans now.

1 comment:

  1. A. I never approved Silver City.
    B. I am not going camping. EVER.
    C. Death Valley is in California, not New Mexico/Arizona.
    D. You cannot make decisions like, "We are going to the MoBA."
    D. i. I DO want to go, though.
    E. ALL SORTS of spelling mistakes in here. Legit.

    ReplyDelete